FatTracks members get together on a regular basis to ride through the Baakens Valley and other trails in Port Elizabeth and the surrounds.
(***Please note, use of trails is at rider’s own risk***)
There are also a number of ‘informal’ rides which are organised spontaneously through the Telegram groups when the weather is just too good not to take a quick ride through the valley! If you are a member, and don’t have a link to the FatTracks WhatsApp group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the latest #NewbieTuesday and social ride pics below
#NewbieTuesday rides take place most Tuesdays in summer.
- Join us for a non-technical ride where we’ll introduce you to the trails, and you’ll get to meet some of the other FatTracks members.
- This is a great ride for novice riders (we’ll take it slow), and for new members (no matter your skill level), and anyone else who’d like to join!
- (Depending on the weather): See you Tuesdays at the Containers on William Moffett, at 5:30PM. The ride will be around 10km, and should take us about an hour.
Thursday: 60 Minutes of Mayhem
- Racing takes place every Thursday at 6pm from October to March at the FatTracks containers
- Kelston Motor Group have sponsored monthly prizes and R5000 prize money for the season winners.
- 60 Minutes of Mayhem is FREE for FatTracks club members (you must be a current paid up member and have your bike number displayed to qualify).
- All FatTracks members earn club log points towards the annual club prize giving.
- For more info visit www.mountainevents.co.za
Monthly social rides
FatTracks tries to host a regular monthly social ride, weather depending. Check out the Social Rides under ‘Events’ to find out more details about upcoming rides.
Follow the GPX maps
There is a large map of the Valley trails on the wall of the FatTracks containers on William Moffett.
You will find the map key on the right hand side of the containers includes QR codes which you can scan to view a GPX version of the trail maps.
Follow the trails on STRAVA
Your member fees help FatTracks develop and maintain the Baakens Valley trails, and ensure you have access to various other local trails.
The Conti Loop
The Conti Loop is a great intermediate trail and forms the heart of the club’s trails in the valley. Watch out for Killer Downhill and ride within your abilities.
The Waudcray Loop
The Waudcray Loop is also a great intermediate trail in the Baakens Valley. Follow the route on Strava: