FatTracks – the first MTB club in SA
Fat Tracks was the first Mountain Bicycle Club in South Africa!
Established in 1989, the Club is a leader in the growth of Mountain Biking in South Africa and has seen substantial growth in the last three years.
As a club we recognise the importance of catering for all mountain biking needs, irrespective of levels of discipline, fitness or skill.
FatTracks Fast Facts
Over the past two years, FatTracks has been building, maintaining, and rehabilitating a number of trails around the Port Elizabeth area. This is all made possible through the investment and sponsorship of Continental SA.
Here are some of our achievements:
- 7000 hours of labour and supervision
- 260 litres of fuel
- In excess of 700 metres of weed eater cord
- 150km of grass trimmed
- 270km of trail developed / maintained
- 9 tons of wood used to contain erosion
- 4 river crossings reinstated
- R200k spent
- 300% increase in multi user trail use