General Code of Conduct for FatTracks members:
- Access to the Trails is from sunrise to sunset only (special permission needed otherwise)
- Behave in such a way as to leave the terrain/property the way it was found
- Respect private property and obey instructions from owners or employees at all times
- Obey all property owners, including their notice boards and symbol signs
- Ride only in approved areas, routes and tracks and abide by all restrictions imposed.
- Do not damage, remove or interfere with any beacon, boundary marker, fence, notice board or other structures
- Do not leave any litter, refuse or empty containers anywhere on rides
- No smoking on rides and do not dispose of any tobacco products
- Do not light fires under any circumstances
- Do not interfere with wildlife, remove or deface vegetation, carve or scratch trees or rocks
- Do not feed or hunt animals
- Respect and be polite to other users of the trail netowrk; golfers, walkers, runners, bikers etc
- As a Fattracks member, at all-times, display the Fattracks Bike board on your handlebars
- Be the “eyes & ears” of the Land owners, Fattracks Committee, PEGC and Norm Hudlin.
- Any observations of property damage, unauthorized activity or garbage dumping on Fattracks Trails should be reported to the Fattracks Committee immediately.
- Understand that any violation of this code of conduct could result in suspension and/or cancellation of all trail privileges including membership to the club.
- Refrain from using strong language, offensive terms, racial discrimination or any potentially derisive, controversial, and unnecessary negative views on all FatTracks social media and communication platforms including but not limited to WhatsApp groups, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- The Fattracks club and committee reserve the right to change the Code of Conduct and Trail Etiquette at any time. It is the members responsibility to ensure that they check the website from time to time to keep themselves updated.
Telegram group policy
FatTracks is a community of MTB enthusiasts, with over 600 members. In order to facilitate communication and a sense of community between the members, we have established a Telegram group.
Members are asked to only post about cycling-related topics on the groups so as not to frustrate other group members.
Occasionally, FatTracks Admin (Cell: 063 646 4728) will post information about topics that are affiliated to FatTracks sponsors, major supporters, or trail owners. These posts have been pre-approved by the FatTracks leadership.
Please DO NOT post: Jokes, political statements, derogatory comments, hate speech, business adverts, classifieds etc.
Please feel free to post: Pictures / videos of your rides & MTB experiences, questions about trails, invitations to group rides etc…