FatTracks was the first Mountain Bicycle Club in South Africa. Established in 1989, the Club is a leader in the growth of Mountain Biking in South Africa and has seen substantial growth in the last three years. As a club we recognize the importance of catering for all mountain biking needs, irrespective of levels of discipline, fitness or skill.
WHAT WE DO
Amongst other things, FatTracks Mountain Bike Club involves itself in:
- Racing : We organize races catering for both novice and experienced riders.
- Outrides : We have regular outrides. Outrides are a
social type of event which is really just about getting out and riding
mountain bikes whilst encouraging new entrants to the sport.
- Chaperoned Valley rides: Our trail builders offer
an escorted ride during the day for those who are fortunate enough to
ride their bikes during normal work hours.
- Skills rides: We do occasional rides where riders can learn to tackle obstacles and challenges that they might usually not try.
- Trail maintenance: Key to our growth is the
maintenance and development of the Baakens Valley trail network. We know our members like riding epic trails and as such will continue to
provide awesome pedaling opportunities.
FATTRACKS FAST FACTS
Over the past two years, FatTracks has been building, maintaining,
and rehabilitating a number of trails around the Port Elizabeth area.
This is all made possible through the investment and sponsorship of Continental Tyre South Africa.
Here are some of our achievements:
- 7000 hours of labour and supervision
- 260 litres of fuel
- In excess of 700 metres of weed eater cord
- 150km of grass trimmed
- 270km of trail developed / maintained
- 3.9 tons of wood used to contain erosion
- 4 river crossings reinstated
- R200k spent
- 300% increase in multi user trail use
Download the FatTracks Constitution.
THE 2021 COMMITTEE
|Andrew Rist (Chairman)||064 506 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dee Hayter (Treasurer)||email@example.com|
|Vicki Laing and Andrea von Holdt (Events)||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Justin Steyn (Pump track & Jump Line)||email@example.com|
|Quinton Bezuidenhout (Trail builders and valley trails)||Quinton@fattracks.co.za|
|Niki Mizen (Trailforks app maintenance and signage)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Craig Galway (Merchandise and specialist of other special stuff)||email@example.com|
|Claire Warneke (Admin)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Additional contact for Norm Hudlin trails. Bookings for parties, and photo shoots:
Linden Gerber (NORM HUDLIN): email@example.com
You can check out the benefits of joining the club on our member benefits page.
The following people have been made honorary members in
acknowledgement of their work and commitment to Mountain Biking and FatTracks Mountain Bike Club.
|Errol Black||Brandon Els||Robbie Powell|
|Louis Rossouw||Rob Rudman||John-Lee Augustyn|
|Margie Rudman||Johan Gerryts||Tony Thorburn|