CAM Series dates & GPX files 2018September 11, 2018
Regular member ridesOctober 10, 2018
Support the Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve: MTB Ride & Plant Sale!
Don’t miss out on this awesome annual event – perfect for families. Enjoy a fun day out and stock up on water-wise, indigenous plants for your garden.
The Van Stadens OPEN DAY includes a fun trail run & walk, as well as an MTB event.
WHEN: Saturday, 13 October
- Fun Trail Run (9km) @ 8am – R50 entry
- Fun Trail Run/Walk (4km) @ 8:15am – R30 entry
- MTB events @ 10am – R30 entry
*there will be awesome lucky draw prizes for FT members!*
- Indigenous plant sale from 9am-1pm
*Proteas, perennials, trees, bulbs*
All-day activities include stalls, refreshments & goodies for sale
Bring a picnic basket & enjoy a day out in nature!
Why support The Friends of Van Stadens & The Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve?
The Friends of Van Stadens includes a group of volunteers who have helped with the running of The Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve since 2007.
The Friends of Van Stadens organisation:
- Manages the hacking of alien vegetation in the Reserve
- Maintains infrastructure such as irrigation pipes for the community garden, taps etc.
- Assists wherever possible, always in consultation with management
- Organises an annual fundraiser where indigenous plants are sold to promote indigenous gardening
- Propagates indigenous plants in the on-site nursery, rescues plants from building sites, monitors endemic plants for SANBI
- Donates various items to the Reserve including picnic benches, braai area seating, concrete mixer, major repair to a sit-on mower etc.
- Provides new assets such as a bird hides
- Produces publicity material: Info flyer, map, trail signage
- Gives advice on plants and trees if possible
- Plants and maintains an arboretum with a selection of trees