FatTracks: May update from Andrew RistMay 4, 2018
The Continental Ayton Memorial (CAM) Series is an initiative by Fattracks in association with the support of our sponsor Continental Tyre South Africa.
The dates for each series are as follows: (Club ride to orientate)
||Series Orientation Ride
|1 June – 17 June
||CAM Series 1 :
Baakens Valley Loop
|Wednesday 16 May
|1 July – 15 July
||CAM Series 2 :
|Wednesday 20 June
|1 August – 19 August
||CAM Series 3 :
3 Rivers Trails
|Saturday 21 July
|1 September – 16 September
||CAM Series 4 :
3 Rivers Trails
|Saturday 25 August
|1 October – 21 October
||CAM Series 5 :
Baakens Valley A-Z
|Wednesday 19 September
|1 November – 18 November
||CAM Series 6 :
|Details of event TBD
2 Child-friendly events will be held: the first at the Norm Hudlin event, and the second at the second of the 3 Rivers Trails Events.
- Strava will be used as the timing system for the series and the entry procedure is as follows:
- All participants must have Strava to compete
- All participants must be active Fattracks members to be eligible for the awards evening to be held at the annual Fattracks AGM
- All participants will be required to join the CAM Series Strava Club
- All participants must name their ride on Strava as the Continental CAM Series
- Series will take place on a Saturday, and times will be accepted for any and all rides that take place between 7am and 6pm cut off to allow for consolidation of results
- Riders can do as many attempts as they wish. The loop is made known to the public, and all the hidden segments will be features on the loop. The hidden segments will be revealed by means of a live draw at 6:30pm via Facebook live on the day of the event
Each series consists of:
- One loop or A-Z ride, that is made public – to cater for the Cross-Country Bunny.
- One or two Hidden Downhill segments – to cater for the Enduro Junkie.
- One or two Hidden uphill segments – to cater for the Pain Seekers
- One hidden pop-up segment that is live only for the day, and not revealed – the results are only made known to members at the end of season function – awards to be attendance based
Points system to be decided.